Why is Forage First so important to your horse?
From a scientific standpoint, horses are classified as non-ruminant herbivores, with digestive tracts designed to best utilize good-quality forages.
Wild horses grazed as their only source of nutrients. With domestication, we’ve modified horses eating habits — yet their digestive tracts haven’t changed.
In fact, substantial research shows that feeding programs relying too heavily on cereal grains, with limited forage, often result in health and performance problems.
Our unique Forage First approach is specifically designed to make it easy to feed your horse as nature intended.
Try Forage First Horse Rewards. Your horses will love them! FORAGE FIRST Horse Rewards are not intended to be fed as the entire ration nor as the entire concentrate portion of a horse’s ration.
- Apple flavored treat.
- Fixed formulation – Ensures product consistency and dependable nutrient sources.
- Nutritionally balanced – Compatible with all balanced feeding programs.
- Limited starch formulation/highly digestible, fermentable fiber – Provides energy in a form utilizable by the horse; decreases risk of digestive disorders.
- Contains GROSTRONG Minerals – Ensures horse receives needed minerals, vitamins, and electrolytes.
- Prosponse yeast – Enhanced feed palatability, digestibility, and hindgut fermentation.
- Natural-source vitamin E – Protects body from oxidative damage; important in immune function; more bio-available than synthetic vitamin E
*Available in 3lb resealable bags and 25lb poly bags*